Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Free Antivirus

Hi fellas greetings.
Last week I was searching sourceforge.net for some software and accidentally I found an antivirus. Before that I was wondering whether there is any open source antivirus. And i got it.
Today I am gonna tell you about a free anti virus. It is open source. Ok the name. It is Clam win anti virus. Can be Found at sourceforge.net.
you dont need to buy any license for it. ya the main features are :-

  • Scanning scheduler
  • Automatic virus database updates on a regular basis.
  • Standalone virus-scanner.
  • context menu integration (right click)
  • it also has a portable version ( can be carried on a flash drive)
Ya if we talk about real time scanning, you will not get it in the standalone version of this installer package. but dont worry. there is a solution. You can download clam sentinel which acts as a real time scanner for it. 

if you are not an advanced user and just happy with your simple protection, you can use it. but for high end users I wont recommend it.

what makes it fall back is its slow scanning in nature and you will not get protection from online virus, all that you will be safe is on a internet less system.  I personally used it for three days and my ratings follows as below.

Start-up           :  8/10
Scanning         :  3/10
Web Security   :  0/10
Updates           :  7/10
Interface          :   4/10

As a open source user I may switch to it but at a later period if I will get more features.
But in my opinion it is the best anti virus for home users without internet. 

Ok fellas, See ya Soon in next blog. Bye
Regards,





No comments:

Post a Comment